ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Computer accident

  • To: jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Vittorio Bertola" <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Computer accident
  • From: Izumi AIZU <aizu@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:23:42 +0900

Well, we can die twice!

Somehow, my PC came back to life this morning,
but there is no guarantee that it will come back again
the next time I try to reboot.

I have all the data backed up online until two days ago,
plus more backups in my office computer (desktop) and
another on my LAN.

Besides, I burn most of the work document on DVD
(used to be CD) every 6 months or so.

Anyway, thanks Vittorio for your quick reaction and
with your pray, I think the God seemed to change his
mind (at least for a while).

This means that the remarks I made last night were
not as negative as some of you may have thought.
Being critical does not always mean being destructive,
it CAN be constructive. I hope we all learn from these
incidents.

izumi