ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [alac] DRAFT Request for Issues Report

• To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] DRAFT Request for Issues Report
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:49:51 +0200

We all agree, that this is an important issue for end-users and the ALAC will take action in this regard.

I am already in touch with Bruce, to ensure that we are absolutely clear about the process and its implications, especially about the question if, when an "Issues Report" is requested, it automatically begins the PDP process.

I think it would make sense, that we as ALAC form a hypothesis first and maybe have it discussed with some more experts eg before our conf call (online) or live during our conf call the 10th of August. Then, we could come up with a formulation of our concerns of how domain monetization adversely affect Internet users and ask the GNSO for an Issues Report.

Best
Annette

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

Jean Armour Polly ha scritto:

Now that we know the process, our chair may choose to call a vote on asking for an issues report on this topic. I believe it is of vital importance to end-users--although I am also quite sure that most of them have no idea what is taking place! Here is a chance for ALAC to shine and show that it really is looking out for end-users by asking ICANN to investigate the matter.

I am in favour of the issues report, especially since it doesn't force us to request a PDP (so, it doesn't harm). However, did anyone discuss this idea with Bruce? I would just like to avoid misunderstandings, e.g. us being seen as going our way without listening, rather than cooperating with everyone else on this matter.
Ciao

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy