ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] FW: [council] Final IDN Issues Report

  • To: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] FW: [council] Final IDN Issues Report
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:22:20 +0200

Bret, what would you recommend, what are the most efficient and effective steps for us?
best
annette

Hong Xue wrote:

Siavash: >
> But there is no specific call on GNSO to consult ALAC(though this is not
> specically excluded either). Note the following quotes:
>
> "It is recommended that the GNSO launch a focused policy development
> process, in close consultation with the ccNSO and the broader ICANN
> community including the Government Advisory Committee (on the public
> policy aspects).
These were from the "old" issue paper, which specifically referred to the GAC with respect to public policy aspects in the GNSO IDN PDP consultation but did not even mention the ALAC. In our Marrakech meeting, I urgently asked Bret, who took pains to join the GNSO Councile Meeting online, to raise this issue specifically. As a result, I was added to the GNSO IDN-list, but still not a member of the GNSO IDN task force. > So, how should we proceed at ALAC? Should we work on a position paper on
> some issues where we think end-user interests are involved and submit it
> to GNSO?
I've already drafted a document and send to the list--ooh, the admin-list. Siavash made the good suggestions and offerred to edit it further. Now, we can work on this and then send it to the GNSO as well as the IDN Committee. Roberto:
>You know already my opinion: to me the IDN matter is far more important for
>end users than other issues, like for instance the domain tasting, and
>therefore requires full attention.

Indeed, we'd take action sooner rather than later.
Hong

On 7/16/06, *Roberto Gaetano* <roberto@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:roberto@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    You know already my opinion: to me the IDN matter is far more
    important for
    end users than other issues, like for instance the domain tasting,
    and
    therefore requires full attention.
    Regards,
    Roberto Gaetano