ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] ALS applications

  • To: "Annette Muehlberg" <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] ALS applications
  • From: "Hong Xue" <hongxueipr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:53:08 +0800

Some applications from AP have been pending for more than 4 months. The due
diligence has long been completed. May we know when we are going to vote?

Hong

On 7/30/06, Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx> wrote:

We still have several pending ALS-applications, but we did not get on all of them a due diligence form by ICANN, which is the pre-requisite for us to vote on them.

Bruce will, possibly with the help of the regional liasons, try to get
them done as soon as possible. Then, the ALAC members of each region
will explain if they agree to accredit the ALSes of their respective
region. After this, all ALAC members will have a couple of days to
discuss all applications, than we are going to vote.  Jean already set
up her great voting tool for all pending ALSes, so we are almost ready
to start.

One of the pending applications is written in spanish which has to be
translated into english to enable all members of the ALAC to understand
and vote.

We have to improve the application-forms: They are in several languages,
which is good, so that people easily get an understanding on what has to
be done to get accredited as an ALS. But it has to be clear, that all
applications must be *send in* in english, as the ALAC needs to
understand what the potential ALS is about and it is a requirement that
the respective organisation can take part in the ALAC/ICANN discussions
in english.

Best
Annette