ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] new ALS applicant North America

  • To: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] new ALS applicant North America
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:05:16 -0400

At 09:45 AM 8/4/2006 -0400, John L wrote:
Actually, there have been two applications by email, received at
als@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, that I was assuming all of us are currently registered
after the latest discussions on email list organization.

I don't recall seeing them. I fear that the als@ list is still two years out of date.

Yes. Conversations with Kent seem to have broken off without any changes to the lists (except finally correcting Hong's adress) -- I'll make one more effort to re-start.

Either way, we need one person (ideally, staff) who does get the messages to keep a list (ideally in a ticket tracking system) and keep us on track with the review and approval process. It makes no sense for each of us to have to follow them all individually.

--Wendy

-- Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org