ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [alac] new ALS applicant North America

• To: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] new ALS applicant North America
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:27:35 -0400

Larry says there are plenty of Mambo components (for example) that would provide us with a ticketing system. We would just have to develop criteria so he can select one that matches what we want.

Last month when this came up I don't think more than a few people wanted to pursue getting a ticket system to track this sort of thing plus other things, like when we have to vote, like when we have to submit advisories, etc.

Who is interested in issue tracking besides Wendy, Jacqueline, and myself? If most of us think it is a good idea maybe we can pass around a feature list of things we want it to be able to do.

JP

At 12:05 PM -0400 8/4/06, Wendy Seltzer recently said:
At 09:45 AM 8/4/2006 -0400, John L wrote:
Actually, there have been two applications by email, received at
als@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, that I was assuming all of us are currently registered
after the latest discussions on email list organization.

I don't recall seeing them. I fear that the als@ list is still two years out of date.

Yes. Conversations with Kent seem to have broken off without any changes to the lists (except finally correcting Hong's adress) -- I'll make one more effort to re-start.

Either way, we need one person (ideally, staff) who does get the messages to keep a list (ideally in a ticket tracking system) and keep us on track with the review and approval process. It makes no sense for each of us to have to follow them all individually.

--Wendy

-- Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy