ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Re: Domain Monetization Background

  • To: "'John L'" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>, "'Bret Fausett'" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Re: Domain Monetization Background
  • From: Sebastián Ricciardi <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:43:11 -0300

Let´s focus on the USER concerns:

a) Domain monetization is happening. Does anyone has the numbers? (i.e.
domains registered in add grace period, total domains registered,
registrations lifetime, etc?

b) Is this practice affecting the availability of domains to the public? If
so, how?

I´m concerned about driving our discussion to the registry/registrar
business practices and concerns, instead of the practical impact for the end
user.

Best,

Sebastian