ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Differential Domain Pricing

  • To: "'John L'" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>, "'Bret Fausett'" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Differential Domain Pricing
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:56:22 +0200

FYI, the Board is right now having a lively debate on price caps.
Personally, I do believe that it would be of the upmost importance if the
ALAC could come up with a strong statement on the subject.
On the other hand, in this particular moment I do not see with favour a
statement that starts with "Members of the ALAC", simply because it might
give the wrong impression of yet another element of division on a subject
where my guts feeling tell me that there is none.

I would strongly recommend the members to quickly express themselves on the
same statement, but removing the "Members of" to state full support of the
whole committee, and ask the Chair, once seen the formal endorsement and
applying the "feel of the assembly", to submit the statement on behalf of
the ALAC.

Text amended below for your convenience.

The At Large Advisory Committee views many aspects of the proposed contracts
with great concern, including the removal of all price caps, differential
pricing, and the sale of traffic data.  We believe these may have
significant adverse effects on at large Internet users.

Roberto Gaetano
ALAC
ICANN Board Liaison