ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Differential Domain Pricing

  • To: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Differential Domain Pricing
  • From: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:46:01 -0400 (EDT)

It would be a good idea to encourage the board to ask the registries if they even want price flexibility. I see that .org has differential pricing by the country of registration, to give lower prices to people from LDCs, but I would be rather surprised if they had any interest in per-domain pricing or removing the existing cap.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor