ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Differential Domain Pricing

  • To: "ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Differential Domain Pricing
  • From: Jean Armour Polly <mom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 07:40:33 -0400

I strongly support the John/Roberto statement too

At 3:24 PM +0330 8/27/06, Siavash Shahshahani recently said:
Ditto.
Siavash

 I support the statement by John as supplemented by Roberto.

             Bret

 On Aug 26, 2006, at 1:15 PM, John L wrote:

 Since the deadline for comment on the three new contracts is the
 day after tomorrow, I think we should say something like this:

  Members of the At Large Advisory Committee views many aspects of the
  proposed contracts with great concern, including the removal of all
  price caps, differential pricing, and the sale of traffic data.  We
  believe these may have significant adverse effects on at large
 Internet
  users.

  Since the proposed contracts were put up for comment with little
 advance
  warning, and the comment period has been the month of August when
 many
  committee members are on vacation, it has not been possible to
 prepare an
  ALAC response by August 28th.  We do expect to prepare a response in
  coming weeks and to have it available to the board before the
 September
  13th board meeting when, we assume in the absence of a published
 agenda,
  the board will consider these proposed contracts.

 Regards,
 John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
 for Dummies",
 Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor

IPM/IRNIC
P.O.Box 19395-5564, Shahid Bahonar Sq.
Tehran 19548, Iran
Phone: (+98 21) 22 82 80 80; 82 80 81, ext 113
Cell: (+98 912)104 2501
Fax: (+98 21) 22 29 57 00
Email: shahshah@xxxxxxxx, shahshah@xxxxxx