ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Call for constituency statements (from: jordyn.buchanan@gmail.com)

  • To: <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Call for constituency statements (from: jordyn.buchanan@gmail.com)
  • From: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 06:05:43 -0300

Going back again to the first discussions about this issue:

Display of private information in Public records:

- Is against the law in many countries.
- Would not help law enforcement agencies to track down the bad guys,
because registrants will fake their information.
- Could be bad news even to those user who will never be a registrant: If we
allow users basic rights to be exchanged for technical requirements, we´re
all doomed.

So from my perspective, it would be reasonable solution to require more
information as the access to that info is more restrictive.

The idea of having a proxy or contact point seems pretty good also.