ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[allocationmethods]

Sunrise Period For Trademark Holders

  • To: allocationmethods@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Sunrise Period For Trademark Holders
  • From: "FAITH ZULU" <faithzulu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 23:24:28 +0000

Dear ICANN

I think it is proper to follow the basic procedures for domain name
allocation. Cybersquatting should not be encouraged at any point in this
society because it seeks to profiteer from those who have legitimate right.
I there fore suggest a sunrise period of at least 30 days to allow those who
have rights to these names to claim them before they are stolen from them.
Entities with a single character and the extension trademarked should be
awarded more rights to obtain than those with only the character.
E.gsomeone with a trademark
T.COM should get a better chance of obtaining the domain itself than one
with the trademark  T only. If trademark holders are ignored this could
result in serious consequences like people paying hefty premiums for names
they cannot rightfully use in commerce.

Happy bidding
FAITH ZULU