ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[atrt-final-recommendations]

ALAC Statement on Accountability & Transparency Review Team Final Recommendations

  • To: Olof Nordling <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>, atrt-final-recommendations@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ALAC Statement on Accountability & Transparency Review Team Final Recommendations
  • From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:09:53 +0000

Dear Olof,

I am proud to transmit to you the ALAC Statement on Accountability &
Transparency Review Team Final Recommendations on behalf of the At-Large
Advisory Committee.

The attached Statement constitutes the official response of the At-Large
Advisory Committee (ALAC) on the recent public consultation on the
Accountability & Transparency
Review Team Final Recommendations. The Statement was initially drafted
by Cheryl Langdon-Orr, member of the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC),
in the ALAC meeting of
25 January 2011 during which it was also discussed by members of the ALAC.

The Statement was reviewed by the At-Large Improvements Work Team A
during their teleconference of 27 January 2011. The members of Work Team
A agreed to the Statement
with no additions. On 31 January, I asked the At-Large Staff to start a
five-day online vote to ratify the document.

The online vote resulted in the ALAC endorsing the statement with 12-0
votes and no abstentions. You may review the result independently under:
https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=1549IurTvFzFztCDWPZQyGrW

As this is a formal Statement of an Advisory Committee to the Board, we
provide it by copy hereby to the Secretary of ICANN for distribution to
the Board with our compliments. The ALAC welcomes any comments the Board
may wish to make by reply.

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond
ALAC Chair