ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[auction-consultation]

Assumptions wrong?

  • To: auction-consultation@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Assumptions wrong?
  • From: Casper Thomsen <casper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:17:41 +0200

Hello,

I disagree with mr. Vittorio Bertola - if I knew that I needed a car I would go to a car dealer. And If I knew that I needed a tie-breaking mechanism for deciding between applicants I would go to a company with these competencies.

Furthermore it seems to me like mr. Vittorio Bertola in his arguments is forgetting that the auction is the tie-breaking mechanism - and I miss some alternatives from him in his comments. Personally I see an auction as the best way of securing the best applicants at a final stage with more than one applicant. And the alternative - comparative evaluation, 100% beauty contest, lottery etc - would in my opinion be a far worst solution. And I do keep all stake-holders in mind - I'm not just defending people with deep pockets.

Best regards | Mit freundlichem Gruss | Venlig hilsen,

Casper Thomsen
Partner

Thomsen Trampedach GmbH
Weissenrainstrasse 40