ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Comments on Registry Stakeholder Group Petition and Charter

  • To: bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Comments on Registry Stakeholder Group Petition and Charter
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 10:52:07 -0400

Hi folks,

Yesterday ICANN invited comments on the Registry Stakeholder Group
Petition and Charter, see:

http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-11may09-en.htm
http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/registry-sg-petition-charter-24apr09.pdf

We've posted our own comments in opposition to that charter, see:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/ryc-sg-petition/msg00000.html

in line with our previously stated position, see:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-constituency-renewals/

that there should be public mailing list archives, public budgets, and
public membership lists. Their meetings should also be archived in MP3
format and ideally be accompanied by transcripts. We also noted that
there should be an elected Secretary (as opposed to an unelected
Secretariat). Their charter already implements the elected Treasurer
position that we and many other members of the BC support as we
formulate and move to a new BC charter.

Given that the BC has voted for and implemented a public mailing list,
we should be setting the bar high for other constituencies to match
that level of transparency. I hope other BC members will take that
same position if they submit comments, or perhaps that can be a
position of the entire constituency if the BC submits comments for the
entire constituency.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269