ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Draft GNSO Council letter to the GAC

  • To: <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Draft GNSO Council letter to the GAC
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:28:57 +0200

this letter has been produced at Council level prompted by an individual
Council member.
The presumption of a need to abstain is based on my experience and knowledge of
the issues
and the historic position of BC members. That is why I asked the BC members to
validate the
presumption !

For the record (speaking as AIM) I support abstention on grounds that a Council
reply is not
needed as the Board is to reply. Why upset government when they can be your
ally?

Philip