ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] IRT Final report

  • To: BC gnso <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] IRT Final report
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:58:45 -0400

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Philip Sheppard wrote:
> I imply nothing.
> Its just that I know nothing about your company, its business objectives,
> global
> reach and staffing.

You're free to consult my BC membership application from several years ago.

I just consulted my Google Analytics statistics for just one of our
websites (out of 500), and it had visitors from 235
countries/territories last year, including Antarctica, Sao Tome and
Principe, Nauru, Comoros, and Cocos Islands.

However, we don't judge companies by the number of employees they
have, or their "reach" or other metrics like that. We welcome the
views of companies large and small in order to come up with balanced
solutions that demonstrate that input has come from all stakeholders.

The BC should be inclusive, and indeed if one has read my input to the
mailing list (and on other ICANN-related mailing lists) over the
years, we have pushed hard for that. That's why we've advocated for
lower wasteful spending, lower membership fees, public mailing lists,
an elected treasurer, public budgets, an elected secretary, etc.

As this is my 3rd (and thus final) post for the day, I'm afraid I
won't be allowed to post on this list again until tomorrow. But,
anyone is free to send me direct email.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269