ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] Nominating Committee 2010

  • To: <secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] Nominating Committee 2010
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:52:38 -0400

I am considering  standing for selection to the Nominating Committee.
Can the secretariat explain the process for nominations; discussion with other
members, etc.? I know we would want a fully open and well understood process so
that anyone interested can self identify, and put their interests forward. I'm
not making a declaration, but a declaration of possible interest in standing.
I'd probably prefer to see a member from a developing country as one of the
selected reps from the BC, but understand the time commitments make that
challenging.
I have served one term long ago, and far away now. I am a micro enterprise
owner -- of a company with one principal, and an ocassional associate. I'll
have to review the work commitment,but since I am doing only business outreach,
this is something I might be able to commit to.
One thing that would be helpful is a debrief from the present reps on the time
commitment, the travel commitments, etc.
Marilyn Cade, ICT Strategies, mCADE LLC