ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] GNSO Council Restructure Timetable and Transition Plans

  • To: "'BC gnso'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] GNSO Council Restructure Timetable and Transition Plans
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:26:22 +0200

For information
We will be posting the recently Board approved version of the CSG charter soon
(with comments regarding process issues).
We will be posting a revised BC charter soon for discussion and approval.
Philip

  _____

Dear GNSO Community members;

As promised by Denise last week, the Staff has developed a timetable of key
tasks and milestones that need to be addressed over the next two months to seat
the new GNSO Council by the ICANN Seoul meeting deadline.

Attached please find two documents. The first, entitled "GNSO Council
Restructure Implementation Timetable," sets out the various topic areas that
need to be addressed between now and Seoul including, among other things, Bylaws
Amendment efforts, Council seat appointments and the approval of Council
operating procedures. Where appropriate, Staff has provided specific "last-date"
milestones to help Council, Stakeholder Group and Constituency leaders plan
their internal activities in a timely manner.

The second, document, entitled "GNSO Council Restructure Implementation Plan,"
is being provided as a draft first-step to help community leaders make the final
detailed transition decisions necessary to have the new Council members take
their seats in Seoul. The document, presented in draft form, provides one
potential plan format and provides a table identifying each of the existing
voting GNSO Council Representatives by name, organized by Stakeholder Group
(except NCAs). The table includes the term-expiration of each seat, the
potential disposition of that individual's Council seat, an action column
indicating which seats appear to require an election or appointment, and the
regional affiliation for the seats of Councilors whose terms are not expiring
this year.

As with all our previous Staff suggestions, the documents are intended to
provide some initial guidance and to be used as tools to issue-spot and spark
discussion and debate where appropriate. We hope they may prove useful at the
upcoming Council and Restructure Drafting Team meetings.  I am happy to field
any questions or comments any of you have about specific dates or references in
the documents.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth