ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] BC Position Statement on Vertical Integration (VI)-- single registrant TLDs

  • To: bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] BC Position Statement on Vertical Integration (VI)-- single registrant TLDs
  • From: berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:56:34 -0400

Philip,

Thank you for your response. I support your statement that we as BC members must advocate for commercial users. Just to be clear, the intent of my example is not in support of a Registry, but more about the market in general. I want to see each approved TLD succeed in the market, because that is ultimately the best for consumers. The last thing I want to support are policies that create unfair market conditions whereby a TLD fails and closes shop. Failing TLDs will create uncertainty and disruptions for other consumers and business users of that TLD.

Further, I will state that I have not finalized my opinions WRT to the concept of Single Registrant TLDs, as there are many other characteristics to consider in the whole. Single Registrant Single User(SRSU) vs. Single Registrant Multiple User(SRMU) has been discussed a fair amount by not exhaustively.

I appreciate the dialog.....lets keep the momentum going!  Thank you.

Berry Cobb
Infinity Portals LLC
berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.infinityportals.com