ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] nominating Berry for the Councillor slot

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] nominating Berry for the Councillor slot
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:59:18 -0500

hi all,

it gives me great pleasure to nominate Berry Cobb for the upcoming GNSO
Councillor position.  here's why i think he'd do a terrific job.

-- he's trustworthy.  in my experience he's careful to only make promises he
can keep, and then he keeps those promises.

-- he's up to speed on the policy front.  he's been an active participant and
strong contributor on a boatload of working-groups over the last couple years.
he's one of the people who shows up on all the calls, all the way to the end.

-- he's a strong analyst.  some of this is just his nature, some of it is his
background coming from IBM.  but Berry's delivered a lot of analysis for the
working groups he's been on.  those analyses often form the starting place when
we come to consensus.  we who have worked with him often refer to him the
master of the pivot-table.

-- he "gets" the new role of the Council.  Berry understands the destination
that the GNSO Council is headed toward -- that of being the manager of a
policy-making process rather than the policy-making body.  i think he can play
a crucial role to help the Council achieve that destination.

i think Berry would be a great representative for us at the Council.  i hope he
will accept this nomination, and that the rest of you will support him.

thanks,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356