ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Draft BC comment on Applicant guidebook - for member review and approval by 3-Dec

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Draft BC comment on Applicant guidebook - for member review and approval by 3-Dec
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 00:26:13 +0000

Attached is the draft BC comment on ICANN’s proposed final guidebook for new
gTLDs.

The genesis of this draft was our member call on 18-Nov. ( audio at
http://drop.io/gnso_private/asset/gnso-bc-20101118-en-mp3   ; a transcript of
the call was distributed earlier) .

Several BC members volunteered as Rapporteurs.  We worked thru 2 rounds of
edits to get a draft to present to BC membership.   For edits that I felt
lacked consensus, I included dissenting remarks and questions in the body of
the document [ in brackets and in blue ].

We are allowing 10 days to review and approve these comments.   That would
allow us to finalize by 3-Dec, before meetings begin in Cartagena.  That is
less than the 14-days called for in our Charter, but I will ask the BC
executive committee for an abbreviated review under the circumstances.

Please review and comment on the draft and on the inserted dissents and
questions.

Thanks again to the rapporteurs named below for their efforts thus far.

Ron Andruff
John Berard
Marilyn Cade
Chris Chaplow
Berry Cobb
Phil Corwin
Fred Felman
Jon Nevett
Mikey O'Connor
Mike Rodenbaugh
Philip Sheppard

 --Steve

For your reference, here are previous BC positions and statements on Guidebook
topic:

Comments on draft TLD guidebook    January 2009
http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/Position_01_2009_draft_guideboo
<http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/Position_01_2009_draft_guideboo>
k_TLDs.doc

Registry Registrar separation    August 2009
http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/Position-08-2009_Registry_Regis
<http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/Position-08-2009_Registry_Regis>
trar.doc

Staff Proposals for RPM for new gTLDs    November 2009
http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/Position-11-2009_Staff_Proposal
<http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/Position-11-2009_Staff_Proposal>
s_Rights_Protection_Mechanism_New_gTLDs.pdf

BC Comment on VI WG Initial Report     August 2010
http://forum.icann.org/lists/bc-gnso/msg01399.html
<http://forum.icann.org/lists/bc-gnso/msg01399.html>

BC comment on the gTLD Draft Applicant Guidebook V3    July 2010
http://forum.icann.org/lists/bc-gnso/msg01352.html
<http://forum.icann.org/lists/bc-gnso/msg01352.html>

--
Steve DelBianco