ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] please review: brief BC comment on IRTP-B recommendations

  • To: "'bc-GNSO@xxxxxxxxx GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] please review: brief BC comment on IRTP-B recommendations
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:48:56 +0000

As we noted on our 14-Jul member call, ICANN's Board will soon consider the
GNSO  PDP recommendations for IRTP-B (inter-Registrar Transfer Policy - Part
B).   There is now an open public comment period for any advice to the Board
before they consider the PDP recommendations.      See docs and description
here<http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/irtp-b-recommendations-08jul11-en.htm>.

Last week, I suggested that our BC members who were most active on the IRTP
working group could offer a comment for the BC to submit to the Board.    Mikey
O'Connor, Berry Cobb, and Chris Chaplow came up with this brief comment:
The BC endorses the recommendations made by the IRTP-B Working Group and
encourages Board members to vote in favor of the motion as drafted.

If Board members have issues which prevent them from supporting the motion, the
BC urges the Board refer the issue back to the GNSO Council which can ask the
IRTP-B working group to review the Board's feedback and perhaps modify
recommendations where appropriate.

These comments are due 8-Aug, giving us 9 days for review, edits, and approval.
     This is less than than our customary 14 day review period, but I believe 9
days is adequate to review a two-sentence comment that is based on a previous
BC position.

All BC members are invited to suggest edits on the BC list.

Steve DelBianco
vice chair for policy coordination