ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] FW: TR: Transcript of Board meetings with RySG, RSG, CSG, NCSG

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>, "bc-secretariat @icann" <bc-secretariat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] FW: TR: Transcript of Board meetings with RySG, RSG, CSG, NCSG
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:20:14 -0400

this is draft for now, but the only thing that I will fix are names and
spelling errors./on the CSG segment.Bene is gone now, but Chris, Steve, Zahid
and I are here, so let us know if you need any help or information.
I will be sending you all talking points on a couple of public forum statements
 I will make after review with ExComAnd tomorrow, in Meetings for the Future,
as I committed, I will make a statement and will send it to you all.
We will be tactful about appreciating coming to Dakar, but question ICANN's
judgement on hotel endorsementand if the Gala turns out to exclude a lot of our
members, I'll reference that as an expectation that should be better handled
for "meetings for hte future.
other talking points will be forthcoming for your review on that meeting.
It's open, so come along -- I think Martin is joining Chris and I in that
meeting. Others welcome, of course.
Note that Ayesha is speaking in IGF Forum and I hope you will review the
Newsletter  -- both the Chair's column and the article, and come along to learn
more if you are not well versed [as most of you are] in IGF!
Also, in addition to our transcript, look for most of the Transcripts of GNSO
related meetings - posted on pagehttp://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#oct  Thanks to
our lovely and wonderous GNSO Secretariat, [thank her and Bene/ the logistics,
tech support, and many other things have been oh, so challenging. ]
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
See you all later.
Public Forum suggests yet to come. One point: Ethics and Integrity: everyone is
speaking in their individual capacity. I will just announce that the BC in its
last pre ICANN call agreed to launch our own internal work to examine our own
challenges, as well as to contribute to ICANN discussions.
Other Public Forum Topics to follow with some thoughts.
Steve, can you send around your PP slide with the list of topics, when you get
a change tomorrow a.m.?
Thanks all for your patience and your professionalism in the 'heat' of Dakar
ICANN.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair
P.S. two constituency chairs told me they were jealous of our great work on the
Newsletter! Congrats to Chris and Bene and those of you who contributed: Susan,
Steve, Ayesha, Elisa, Ron, Caroline, Waudo, Mikey! And special thanks to
Michele Chaplow and to Cheryl, our designer.