ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] RE: [Bc-private] Chair's letter to CEO and Bd Chair/Final draft

  • To: "'Marilyn'" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] RE: [Bc-private] Chair's letter to CEO and Bd Chair/Final draft
  • From: <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:14:14 -0800

MC says "The letter restates existing BC perspectives."

This is false.  At least the following sentences have no support in existing
BC policies, adopted per our Charter:

1.      It has been disappointing that ICANN staff, and the Board have
consistently avoided, or negated the concerns that have been raised in these
areas.  [IT IS RIDICULOUS TO SAY THE BOARD HAS AVOIDED OR NEGATIED CONCERNS
IN THIS AREA.]
2.      This letter calls to the Board's and senior staff attention the need
for improvements in specific areas related to these continuing concerns
which should be addressed before strings are added to the root.  [THIS IS
CLEARLY A CALL FOR DELAY.]

These are not policies of the BC, and should not be stated as such.  If you
want to send a private letter, you should do it, but you should not use this
list to drum up support for it.  You are sliding down a slippery slope with
this, Marilyn, and clearly exceeding your very limited authority as Chair.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax: +1.415.738.8087
http://rodenbaugh.com