ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] .CAT WHOIS Proposed Changes - call for public comments

  • To: Elisa Cooper <elisa.cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] .CAT WHOIS Proposed Changes - call for public comments
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 10:48:00 -0500

Elisa Cooper, the BC WHOIS Rapporteur, or Steve DelBianco, V.Chair, Policy
Coordination, may offer additional comments.The Chair's purpose is to forward
to all BC members.
Like all members, I look to our Rapporteur for WHOIS, supported by our Vice
Chair, Policy Coordination,  to advise. However, for any new members, WHOIS is
a key priority for BC.
Marilyn Cade, BC Chair

 http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-20jan12-en.htm.CAT WHOIS
Proposed Changes  Forum Announcement: Comment Period Opens on Date: 20
January2012 Categories/Tags: Contracted Party Agreements  Purpose (Brief):
ICANN is opening today the public comment period for the Fundacio puntCAT's,
request to change its Whois according to EU data protection legislation. The
public comment period will be closed on 3 March 2012.The .cat registry,
submitted a Registry Service Evaluation Process (RSEP) on August 2011.At this
time, ICANN has conducted a preliminary review in accordance with the Registry
Services Evaluation Policy and process set forth at
http://www.icann.org/registries/rsep/rsep.html. ICANN's preliminary review
(based on the information provided) did not identify any significant
competition, security, or stability issues. The implementation of the request
requires an amendment to the .cat Registry Agreement signed 23 September 2005.
This public forum requests comments regarding the proposed amendment.Public
Comment Box Link:
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/cat-whois-changes-18jan12-en.htm