ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] latest draft of "advice" on Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice, and Competition

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] latest draft of "advice" on Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice, and Competition
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 17:18:42 +0000

As I've mentioned on recent BC member calls, John Berard and I are on a Working
Group looking at definitions and metrics for Consumer Trust, Choice, and
Competition in the gTLD expansion.

I've just circulated the 4th draft of "Advice" to the board on the definitions
and measures. (attached)

I changed the measures tables to include explanations of anticipated
difficulties in obtaining and/or reporting each measure.  The intention is to
help the community understand the reasoning behind our assessments of
difficulty.  Hopefully this will stimulate community members to offer
suggestions during public comment period.

Our WG still needs to carefully review proposed measures in Choice and
Competition sections.   If possible, indicate your comments and edits about
Measures and 3-year targets within the respective table row.After the WG
finishes its edits, this draft advice will be posted for public comment.  We
will conduct a public work session in Costa Rica as well.

Then a final version will go to GNSO, ccNSO, ALAC, and GAC for them to amend /
send to the Board.

Our next WG call is Tuesday 7-Feb.

--
Steve DelBianco