ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] BC Officer Elections 2012: Results

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] BC Officer Elections 2012: Results
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:50:03 -0500

Thanks to the Voting Officer and Verifying Officer/GNSO Secretariat for
concluding the counting and publication of the outcome of the election so
promptly.
Let me thank all BC members for voting. I realize it is a busy time, and we
have asked you to multi task within the BC during a busy early 2012.
I appreciate the support to my role as chair, but also to the full set of
Officers. As members know, we operate as a team, and I look forward to the
continuation of other officers, and welcome Elisa Cooper as the incoming CSG
rep.
Looking ahead to Costa Rica, we have much to focus on before then, and right
now, we are discussing several vitally interesting and impactful topics ranging
from improvements to the new gTLD program, where members were asked to submit a
further response to email exchanges on the BC list; to thick WHOIS; to planning
for the Costa Rica meeting, and our input for various other workshops that we
expect the staff to announce before C.R., as well as distributing our updated
input into the ICANN budget,
It will be a busy and important year, and I count on the involvement and
participation of all of our members, and on our continuing expansion of the
BC's role, and its membership.
Thank you.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair