ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] Registry Conf Call & Proposal for meeting with .BRANDS

  • To: Ron Andruff <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'bc - GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] Registry Conf Call & Proposal for meeting with .BRANDS
  • From: Elisa Cooper <Elisa.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 15:58:04 +0000

Thank you for your input.

Best,
Elisa

From: Ron Andruff [mailto:randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 8:52 AM
To: Elisa Cooper; 'bc - GNSO list'

Thanks for the prompt reply, Elisa.

Considering that there are 637 brand TLD applications, one would think that all
(or a majority of them) would be showing up at an ICANN meeting, so I am
somewhat surprised that you are aware of only a few attending... Perhaps, as
Chair, you could work with our Secretariat to send invitations out to all of
them?  That outreach could have a tangential benefit insomuch as the invitees
may also be potential BC members.  We have some six weeks or so before the
meeting, why not go for it?

Regarding the webinar suggestion, I am a strong believer of face-to-face
meetings whenever possible so my first vote goes there.  If we do go the
webinar route, I would recommend a new title: A New Era for Business on the
Internet: Informing and Educating about .BRANDs.

Hope that this helps move this discussion forward.

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff
RNA Partners, Inc.<http://www.rnapartners.com>