ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] RE: Nom Com March Meeting Report Card

  • To: "'Chris Chaplow'" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'bc - GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] RE: Nom Com March Meeting Report Card
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:59:36 -0400

Chris,

Thanks for bringing this question forward.  The point is indeed somewhat
confusing for anyone who was not in the meeting, as I read it now.

The reference is made to one of the components of outreach that was
discussed, namely tapping into current and past ICANN Fellowship recipients
to spread the word about the work of the Nom Com and the positions that we
are looking to fill this year.  At the same time, a discussion arose around
how to draft a concise, compelling statement for presentation to Fellowship
recipients so that they, in turn, could take our message into their circles
of influence.  A recommendation to work with ICANN Communications staff or
PR agency to have a copywriter highlight the desire of the Nom Com to have
true global diversity represented at ICANN - in such a ?statement/article? -
to generate as much interest as possible, was accepted by the Committee.

I hope that this brings some clarity to the point we were trying to
highlight in the Report Card.

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff