ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Updated ICANN New gTLD Committee resolutions on GAC Advice from Beijing

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Updated ICANN New gTLD Committee resolutions on GAC Advice from Beijing
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:31:30 +0000

BC Members:  I updated our matrix of GAC's Beijing Advice to reflect 2-July
resolutions of the Board New GTLD Program Committee (NGPC)

Headlines:
Category 1 strings are on hold, pending dialogue with GAC in Durban.

International government organizations (IGO) get temporary 2nd level protection
— to be resolved later this year.
But if NGPC and GAC do not reach agreement on implementation issues by the
first meeting after Durban, registry operators are required to protect only the
IGO names identified on the GAC's "IGO List dated 22/03/2013" Annex 1

For reference:
The GAC Beijing Advice is
here<http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/gac-to-board-18apr13-en.pdf>.
BC Comments on GAC Safeguards is
here<http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/BC%20Comment%20on%20GAC%20Advice%20for%20new%20gTLDs%20FINAL[4].pdf>.
Board New gTLD Program Committee's 4-Jun resolution is
here<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-new-gtld-04jun13-en.htm>.
Board New gTLD Program Committee's 25-Jun resolution is
here<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-new-gtld-25jun13-en.htm>.
Board New gTLD Program Committee's 2-Jul resolution is
<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-new-gtld-25jun13-en.htm>

here<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-new-gtld-02jul13-en.htm>.

--
Steve