ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] FOR REVIEW BY 11-AUG: BC comments on Expert Working Group for Directory Services ( new Whois)

  • To: Susan Kawaguchi <susank@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] FOR REVIEW BY 11-AUG: BC comments on Expert Working Group for Directory Services ( new Whois)
  • From: stephvg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 01:58:25 +0200

I understand the sentiments expressed by John and Susan.

However, I would think it a pity that the ICANN community as a whole once again
decides to shy away completely from any attempt at bringing some common sense
into the g and cc coexistence.

For me, at a time when so many ccs are either already behaving as gs or about
to manage some new gTLDs themselves, I think it is not unreasonable to suggest
that both namespaces look towards some way of finding a common approach on
registration data.

I also think that the BC, as the home of business in the ICANN ecosystem, would
be behaving in a responsible manner to its constituents by highlighting this
fact in this instance.

I believe the language I have suggested is soft enough not to appear aggressive
for cc managers.

So I would suggest we have a good opportunity here to get a common sense
message across.

Thanks,

Stéphane Van Gelder
Chairman and Managing Director/Fondateur
STEPHANE VAN GELDER CONSULTING

T (FR): +33 (0)6 20 40 55 89
T (UK): +44 (0)7583 457053
Skype: SVANGELDER
www.StephaneVanGelder.com
Follow us on Twitter: @stephvg and "like" us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/DomainConsultant
LinkedIn: fr.linkedin.com/in/domainconsultant/