ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] TMCH Independent Review Questionnaire Now Available

  • To: "bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] TMCH Independent Review Questionnaire Now Available
  • From: Chantelle Doerksen <chantelle.doerksen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 03:32:56 +0000

Dear all,

Kindly see the note regarding the TMCH Independent Review Team below, and the
request to complete the corresponding questionnaire at
http://www.analysisgroup.com/icann-trademark-clearinghouse/ .

Many thanks.
Kind regards,
Chantelle

_______

Dear SO/AC leaders,

To follow up on our previous message sent prior to ICANN 55, we wanted to thank
all those who reached out and met with the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH)
Independent Review Team to provide input on this study.

We are continuing with outreach and stakeholder discussions, and as part of
this work, Analysis Group has developed a questionnaire to assess the opinions
of various groups that interact with either all or some of the TMCH services.
Given that feedback from interested stakeholders is extremely valuable to this
review, we would greatly appreciate your assistance in helping us promote the
TMCH questionnaire. Therefore, it would be fantastic if you could share the
following link (http://www.analysisgroup.com/icann-trademark-clearinghouse/)
via one or more of your communication channels (website, blog, e-mail, bulletin
board, newsletter etc.) and encourage your members to complete the
questionnaire.

As noted previously, ICANN is conducting an independent review of the TMCH,
which was recommended by the Governmental Advisory Committee (GAC) in 2011 (see
https://archive.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/gac-comments-new-gtlds-26may11-en.pdf).
 The purpose of this study is to assess the effectiveness of the TMCH in
combination with the areas that the Governmental Advisory Committee (GAC)
specified for review, which include: (1) handling of non-exact matches to
trademarks, (2) extension of the Trademark Claims notifications, and (3)
impacts of the Claims services on the commercial watch services market.

This is intended as an informational study to support discussions on related
Right Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) activities, such as the work of the
Competition, Consumer Trust, and Consumer Choice Review Team (CCT-RT) and the
Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) review of all RPMs in all gTLDs
Policy Development Process (PDP).

Thank you again for taking the time to consider our request, and please let us
know if you have any questions that we can help address.

Best regards,

Antonietta Mangiacotti

Research Assistant

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

antonietta.mangiacotti@xxxxxxxxx

Office: 310.578.8903

Mobile: 310.795.8543