ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Proposed Variable Pricing Plan

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Proposed Variable Pricing Plan
  • From: "FitnessBargains" <fitnessbargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:23:10 -0400

As a business owner whose business is dependant on the internet and my domain
names, I
urge the ICANN board in the very strongest terms to back up and reconsider this
horrible variable pricing plan.  It would be the single worst decision ICANN
has ever made.

The impact on the internet and business owners would be devastating.

Hundreds of billions of dollars have been invested into the core domain name
infrastructure of the Internet with the secured expectation that acquiring,
owning and maintaining domains would always be affordable and make economic
sense for a long term investment.

To enable and facilitate a way for registrars to financially exploit and
gouge the marketplace would not only be a business tragedy, but it goes
against the grain of all the base principles upon which the Internet was
conceived.

The proposed variable pricing plan would enable registrars to hold my domain
names " hostage" and potentially
put me out of business. Years of hard work and monetary investment would be
thrown away.

Again, please reconsider this horrible plan.

Sincerely,

Scott Zetlan
FitnessBargains, Inc.
FitnessBargains, Inc.