ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Proposed variable prices

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed variable prices
  • From: "Sharon Tucci" <sharontucci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:53:11 -0400

I am an entrepreneur and have been involved in the development of several
hundred websites over the years. Post-release of domains, I cannot envision
a system where introducing a variable pricing system could be *fair* and
justfiable. If I've invested thousands of hours and hundreds of thousands of
dollars into the development of a website, should I be forced to pay a
higher price because of that? Let's say for instance, Google's primary url
was Google.org. How would THEY be charged under this new scheme? Before they
invested in the development of this domain, it would have been worth minimum
registration fee.

Once again, there is no possible way to implement an equitable tiered
pricing system for domains once they have been released, sites have been
developed and so on.

As a domain registrant for over 100 developed domains under the .org, .biz
and .info domains, I kindly ask that you strongly consider the
appropriateness of such action.

Sincerely,

Sharon Tucci