ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Domains

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Domains
  • From: "Denise Schmeichler" <dschmeichler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:47:35 -0400

Dear Sirs

I wish to express my profound concern that the proposed registry agreements for
.org, .biz and .info do not prohibit predatory price rises by the registries.
ICANN was entirely right to object to Verisign's SiteFinder service, and for
all the right reasons, but appears not to have learned the obvious lesson: that
registries can be motivated to do things that are not in registrants'
interests. Given that reality, removal of price caps is likely to result in
anticompetitive practices that seriously impact internet stakeholders. I hope
that you will reconsider this aspect of the agreements.

Denise Schmeichler
Website & Internet Marketing Services
www.netklik.com
dschmeichler@xxxxxxxxxxx