ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing
  • From: "Donna C in TX" <donnac@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:37:59 -0500

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment in
developing the domain name I own, I am firmly opposed to the variable
pricing of domain names by the .org, .info, and .biz registries.

Even so, I urge ICANN to reset the clock and to do what ought to have been
done in the first place:  make the record and evidence for these dramatic
changes available for public consideration or at least make the repository
for the record plainly available by a llnk in the body of the page where
public comment is invited.

I am not opposed to reasonable and necessary change. However I am
steadfastly against significant policy changes that do not receive a full
and fair airing in public, and am against changes that are not brought to
the public's attention in a manner decidedly calculated to evoke the
greatest degree of public input.

In Him,
Donna C in TX
Author, "Homeschooling Only One"