ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing
  • From: "Dan" <dbuglio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:15:15 -0400

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment in
developing the domain names I own, I am firmly opposed to the variable
pricing of domain names by the registry.  Let's look at what you are trying
to do by comparing it to registration fees for automobiles.  The analogy I
will give is that your proposed variable pricing would be like saying the
registration fee for an Acura will cost more than registering a Chevy Cobolt
simply because the Acura has a higher market value.

A domain name has no value until the owner drives traffic to it and builds
it as a brand.  Why should those of us successful in doing a good job of
building value be penalized???

No variable pricing.  A fixed fee per domain is what should remain the norm.

Dan Buglio