ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Domain pricing is messed up

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Domain pricing is messed up
  • From: general-acct@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:04:37 -0500

I am reading about a very disturbing ruling about your agreement with VeriSign. Basically, if VeriSign deems my domain to be worth much more than the normal renewal fees, it could cost me a ton of money to renew or buy particular domains should VeriSign wish to charge more for certain domains.

That is a load of crap and not fair.

You need to change the loophole to protect consumers of domain names or people could be priced out of their domains should a registrar desire to do so.

Read these threads:
http://www.webmasterworld.com/domain_names/3059492.htm
http://www.searchengineforums.com/apps/searchengine.forums/action::thread/forum::members-lounge/thread::1156652486/
http://www.ihelpyou.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23105

You need to close up these loopholes in the agreement. It's wrong to allow it to be.

Curt Dunmire