ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to Variable Pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to Variable Pricing
  • From: MAF <mafregister@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:21:37 -0400

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am a small business owner and computer scientist who has worked to
create, advance and innovate the use of the Internet for marketing and
productivity for both small and large companies since the days when
the web was first created.  My clients and pro bono efforts include
working with young professionals, students, teachers, educational
institutions and non-profit agencies.  I am firmly opposed to the
variable pricing of domain names by the .org, .biz and .info registry.
I believe that variable pricing will lead to overpricing of these
domains and stiffle the creativity, innovation, ease of participation
and enthusiasm for participation which makes the Internet unique and
important   With variable pricing, a few will win but many and the
technology itself will lose out.

Please reconsider this proposal.

Sincerely,

Dr. Mark A. Friedman