ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

I am opposed variable pricing!!

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I am opposed variable pricing!!
  • From: "Nick Johnson" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:49:31 -0400

I have been a small business owner for several years, and not only have I
spent a significant amount of time building and maintaining my own website,
but the heart and soul of my company relies on developing websites for
others.  The revenue from this company is not much, only a couple thousand a
year, but without this additional source of income, my family would be much
worse for ware.  As the head of the household and sole breadwinner for my
family, I have a hard enough time keeping things afloat, and I fear that
variable pricing of domains will not only significantly lower my small
business's profitability, but could potentially put me out of business
completely.  I strongly urge you to re-consider this proposal.  Thank you
for your time.