ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Just Say No to Variable Pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Just Say No to Variable Pricing
  • From: "J.A. Kettenhofen" <jkettenhofen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:25:25 -0700

Hi,

I live in California, and I own probably close to 100 domain names of
various TLDs.

The reason I mention California is because, in this state, we know what
happens when
variable price comes into the mix -- consumers get screwed.  In this case,
the consumers
who get screwed, in fact, are mostly the backbone of the U.S. economy:
small businesses.

I don't think I need to point out that the internet is still quite young.
Even though I live in
Silicon Valley, there are a plethora of businesses who have not made it onto
the  'net.

Growth for the internet has been aided by the easy access to low-cost domain
names.
Further, it has aided in the "democracy" of the internet ... people do get
out to make
their presence, which would also be difficult with variable pricing.

As a businessperson, it becomes far more difficult for me to plan on how to
run my
business, and to know what expenses that I need to plan for.

Please re-consider having variable pricing of domain names.

Thank you very much,

Judy Kettenhofen