ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Domain Pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Domain Pricing
  • From: "Margaret MacGillivray" <margaret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:23:22 +0100

The value of a domain name is zero until the domain name owner puts work
into developing a web site and marketing it.  My feeling is that there
should be a flat rate fee for a domain name and I would much prefer to be
able to buy lifetime rights to a domain name than be forced into a position
where the charge goes up the more effort I put in to a web site.  That's
rape.

Margaret MacGillivray
http://www.macgillivrays.co.uk