ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

No to Variable Pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to Variable Pricing
  • From: John Marc Imbrescia <jm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:49:40 -0400

As an employee for a small but very successful website, any change at all to the cost of our domain name could have a huge affect on our bottom line and put us out of business for no other reason than that registrars "feel" the domain warrants greater fees based only on our own success. Under no circumstances should variable pricing based on "market value" be allowed to change the price for a domain name.

John Marc Imbrescia