ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

no to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: no to variable pricing
  • From: Robert Shadowen <rshadowen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:37:07 -0700 (PDT)

I am oppossed to the proposal for variable pricing on domain names.
This creates a barrier to entry which can impede small business,
charities, or other organizations from easily owning their domain and
common variations (which can be important in our phishing rich
environment).  Please do not adopt the variable pricing policy.

Thanks,
Robert Shadowen