ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Variable Pricing - A New Form Of Discrimination?

  • To: "biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx" <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Variable Pricing - A New Form Of Discrimination?
  • From: "Wealthy Legacy (MLC Enterprises)" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:04:07 -0400

I disagree with the idea of charging variable pricing upon domain name renewal. Just because a person works hard and develops a sucessful business is not an excuse to "take your share". They performed the work and effort necessary to make the business successful not the domain registrar. If they wanted a percentage then they should have put up some capital.

This idea of charging more for domains that are more successful reminds of the thinking that occured when it was proclaimed "segregation is legal if equal". Well it was never equal and this idea doesn't show the essence of equality either. Be happy with the fact that as we build successful businesses we can afford more domain names and give you more business.

If this policy is instituted it will force us to look elsewhere to register our domains. It would be a shame to see you put yourself out of "business". NEVER "Bite the hand that feeds you"

Lawrence Piper