ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed To Variable Domain Pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed To Variable Domain Pricing
  • From: Thomas McKibben <tmckibben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:04:46 -0700 (PDT)

I am writing to voice my opposition to the proposed variable or market pricing
for domain names. One of the great things about the Internet is the equal
footing it can give to both large and small concerns with respect to
communications, expression, and opportunity for commerce. Variable domain
pricing could have the effect of locking out individuals and small businesses
to the benefit of few. And as a small business owner on the web, I have little
interest in seeing the cost of my domain renewal exceed my annual profits to
date!

Sincerely,

Thomas M. McKibben II, PhD
Proliphus Enterprises