ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

NO to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: NO to variable pricing
  • From: No To Variable Price <theuncrazyone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

The real driving desire behind this move seems to be:
    1. Greed and control
    2. Envy and monopoly

  Other than that, I can not believe anyone would come up with such rediculous
idea!
  If you really can't stand the success of the people who are doing well  on
the internet, go after their real services and products and not the  domain
names. The second the services and products disappear, the  domain name is
worth nothing. Don't understand what I said, try selling  one of the domains
that relates to a company that offers shitty  services and/or has bad
reputation and see how much money you will get  for that.

 Perhaps you might not grasp what I said. Here is  another example, how would
you like to pay $50 for a package that you  send to a friend because the box
looks like is worth $500. Nothing you  can do, however, because the box is
worth that much selling at the  street market because of the Cannon Camera box.

 Don't believe  me? You can take Yahoo.com and in no time, Yahoo.com can regain
its  popularity back by going to Zahoo.com and you and/or whoever owns or
stupid enough to pay $10 millions for the original domain name will  just file
for chapter 7 if there is no special services and/or products  being offerred.

 For now, please don't make America more hated  because of our greed for we
already have enough enemies, and frankly, I  don't see any justification to
charging more the domain names. If you  are going to do that, do the same for
the last name of certain wealthy  people, too, but I don't think that will go
too well :)

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small
Business.