ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

I'm vehemently OPPOSED to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I'm vehemently OPPOSED to variable pricing
  • From: Despina Christou <des_1975@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:46:04 -0700 (PDT)

As someone who has made considerable investments in getting various internet
businesses off the ground, I am strongly opposed to the introduction of
variable pricing of domain names.

I am incredibly concerned after hearing of your proposals of variable pricing
which will hit internet business owners very hard. We all pay enough tax as it
is, not to mention already paying for internet domain names. To increase those
domain name renewal charges by a limitless percentage just seems completely
pointless and destructive. The obvious effect of this proposed policy will be
to effectively strangle internet business owners who provide wholesome and
helpful services to the willing public all over the world. Why would you want
to create more misery and suffering? Surely there's already enough of that
going on throughout the world already without adding to it.

It makes no sense to change the domain name pricing system because it works
perfectly fine as it is - why would you need to change it? The implications of
this variable pricing would cause businesses to fold and also rob people
worldwide of a multitude of services which they may desperately need.

The internet forms such a big part of many peoples lives in this day and age -
don't kill it.

Yours sincerely,

D Christou