ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Please do not raise the price of domain names.

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please do not raise the price of domain names.
  • From: Winogradcoach@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 08:11:42 EDT

Dear ICANN:

  As President of a Democratic Club, I manage a web site and must  renew it
each year.  We are a grassroots organization and cannot afford to  pay $1,000
to renew our web site.  It's imperative people know we  are here and active.
I'm afraid the suggested price increases would make  it very difficult for us
to continue the web site, thus making our  work less accessible to newcomers.

  Please do not raise the price of domain names.  The Internet is  one of the
few media arenas where people whose voices are ignored on television  and
radio can be heard.  To price us out of the market would be a serious  blow to
democracy.

  Sincerely,

  Marcy Winograd